Determine total film thickness and film roughness after coating. Ensures consistency across all glass lites and panels.
The Inline Film Thickness and Roughness metrology tool is a post-coater metrology tool that analyzes the below-gap spectral interference fringes to determine the total film thickness. In addition, it determines film roughness by inspecting the envelope of the interference spectra.
- The system performs final film thickness and surface roughness measurements after the coating has been applied.
- The software utilizes proprietary k-Space spectral fringe analysis.
- Typical systems include 2 probes per tool (left channel and right channel).
- The inline tool includes inline sapphire references that sit approximately 2mm below the bottom surface of the panels.
- The spectrometers are Flat-Field-Corrected (FFC) to ensure proper roughness measurement and tool-to-tool roughness matching.
- The tool detects panels through a threshold signal level (peak intensity of raw spectrometer signal).