k-Space Associates, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of in-situ, in-line, and ex-situ metrology tools for the semiconductor, thin-film, and photovoltaic industries. Our products utilize optical imaging technology for non-contact, non-invasive real-time data acquisition, processing, and analysis of temperature, film thickness and growth rate, curvature and film stress, surface quality and atomic spacing, and optical constants. Our products are used for monitoring thin-film deposition processes, including MBE, MOCVD, PLD, PVD, ALD, sputtering, and evaporation. Incorporated in 1992 and driven to supply the best technical support in the industry, our tools are used worldwide in both research and production. We are looking for creative, positive, energetic, career-oriented people to join our team. All full time positions are offered with competitive salary and full benefits. We are headquartered in beautiful Dexter, MI, just 10 miles from downtown Ann Arbor, MI. We hope you will consider us for a challenging, rewarding career path! To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Product and Field Service Engineer (FSE) to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on the installation, testing, and qualification of k-Space thin-film and industrial metrology tools. The initial 3 months will be spent learning the operation, troubleshooting, and qualification procedures for the metrology tools to be deployed. The successful candidate will then install, test, and qualify the metrology tools at the customer site. When not testing or installing metrology tools, the successful candidate will aid with product development and customer support. International travel will be required.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or materials science from an accredited university.
- Self-driven and results oriented with proven ability to multitask while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Personable, outgoing, and positive approach to work and life.
- Good manual dexterity and good vision.
- Ability to work with small parts and work in tight spaces (e.g. during production installations at customer sites).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Windows-based PC’s, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with thin-film deposition processes and techniques is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with vacuum technology is preferred, but not required.
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to represent its thin-film and industrial metrology tools. Provide technical sales support to existing customer base, and new/current sales leads. Research and identify new market opportunities. Assist in marketing and application development efforts to grow markets and customer base.
Specific responsibilities include:
The qualified sales engineer will support all aspects of technical sales, including:
- Work with prospects, leads, and contacts to assess opportunities, prepare responses to RFQs, define product configuration solutions, and generate quotes.
- Document and manage opportunities in lead tracking/customer management software
- Demonstrate and transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to potential customers at research laboratories, universities, and production facilities.
- Establish customer rapport and lead follow up.
- Work with kSA representatives and distributors.
- Collaborate with product development, engineering, and production departments to determine how products and services could be designed or modified to meet customer demands, and market trends.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest industry developments and technological advances in products or service offered by competitors.
- Trade show support and booth attendance.
- A minimum of a B.S. in engineering, or a B.S./B.A. in physics, materials science, math, or chemistry. Candidates with a Master’s or Ph.D. degree are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in the thin film deposition, semiconductor device, vacuum technology, optics, or solar panel fields is a plus.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a positive, outgoing self-starter personality.
- Fluent use of Windows-based PCs is required (including MS Office), and experience with lead tracking software is a plus.
- Willingness to travel.
k-Space Associates, Inc. is looking for a Production Technician to join our production team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Efficient cable harness and PCB board soldering
- Assemble electronic assemblies via following detailed assembly instructions
- Test electronic assemblies for proper operation using voltmeters and oscilloscopes
- Mechanical assembly of detailed components via following detailed assembly instructions
- Generating assembly and test procedure documents as needed
- Perform calibration procedures on completed mechanical and electrical components
- Use Windows-based software for test and calibration of mechanical and electrical components
- Minimum of 1-year experience with electrical and/or mechanical assembly
- Strong soldering and small part assembly skills
- Attention to detail and meticulous approach to assembly, testing, and calibration
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Personable and willing to work in a team environment
- Proficient using Windows-based PCs
- Proficient using MS Office applications, esp. Excel and Word
- Good writing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- College degree from an accredited institution is preferred